This is a fantastic way to prepare your walleye fillets and is just as easy to make at shore lunch as it is at home.
- 10 walleye fillets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, well seasoned with salt and pepper.
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup dried parsley
- ¼ cup course ground black pepper
Wash and thoroughly dry Walleye fillets. Put seasoned flour in a plastic bag big enough to hold at least 5 fillets. Place half of the fillets in bag and shake to coat. Remove, shake off any excess flour and put on a plate. Repeat with remaining fillets. Combine wine and lemon juice. Heat your pan and add butter. If your pan is hot enough your butter will foam and when it subsides add the fillets and fry until crisp around the edges and golden brown. When the fillets are cooked through, pour in wine/lemon mixture turning the fillets once to coat. Just before you are ready to remove fillets from the pan sprinkle with dried parsley and pepper.
Be careful when you add the wine/lemon mixture as it has a tendency to flare up, so if you are too close you may loose a substantial portion of your facial hair. If your pan will not hold 10 fillets just cut everything in half and do 5 at a time.
This and other delicious recipes can be found in the Cabin 14 Cook Book which is available in our on line store or in ebook format from iBooks or Google Play.
Latest from Harold Ball
- Transition - Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - June 11-18, 2022
- On the Road Yet Again!!! - Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - August 13-21, 2021
- For Some Christmas Came Early This Year… Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - July 24 to 30, 2021
- Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - June 12 to 19, 2021
- Keeping Up with the Paraprosdokians - Beaverland Camp - September 16 to 23, 2020