These spicy/sweet nuggets make an excellent first course.
- 4 fish fillets cut into bite size pieces
- ½ cup hot Cajun spice mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbs. honey
Place fish pieces in a plastic bag and add Cajun spice mix. Shake well to ensure that all pieces are well coated. Heat oil in a large pan until very hot then add fish stirring frequently until the fish is cooked through. Remove from heat and add honey and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
You don’t want to deep-fry the fish pieces so keep the oil to a minimum using just enough to coat the pan. You may have to add a bit more honey to ensure that all the “nuggets” are well coated with a sticky glaze. These will have a real kick so make sure you have plenty of cold drinks handy.
Special thanks goes to "Drew" Graham, professional fishing guide extraordinaire for passing along this recipe.
This and other delicious recipes can be found in The Cabin 14 Cook Book which is available in our on line store or in an electronic version from iBooks or Google Play.
Latest from Harold Ball
- Transition - Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - June 11-18, 2022
- On the Road Yet Again!!! - Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - August 13-21, 2021
- For Some Christmas Came Early This Year… Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - July 24 to 30, 2021
- Esnagami Wilderness Lodge - June 12 to 19, 2021
- Keeping Up with the Paraprosdokians - Beaverland Camp - September 16 to 23, 2020